Vibrant green in colour, this powerful Goji Sprout Tea not only looks amazing, it tastes amazing. You’ll receive our Goji Sprout Tea ready to brew, or blend it to create unique and exciting concoctions.
Naturally caffeine free, Wolf & Berry Goji Sprout Tea is nutrient rich and can be enjoyed all day long, hot or cold.
Goji leaves form on the shoot either in an alternating arrangement or in bundles of up to three, each having a shape that is either lanceolate (shaped like a spearhead longer than it is wide) or ovate (egg-like). Leaf dimensions are 7 cm long by 3.5 cm wide with blunted or round tips.
The tea contains many nutrients and phytochemicalsincluding
- 11 essential and 22 trace dietary minerals
- 18 amino acids
- 6 essential vitamins
- 8 polysaccharides and 6 monosaccharides
- 5 unsaturated fatty acids, including the essential fatty acids, linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid
- beta-sitosterol and other phytosterols
- 5 carotenoids, including beta-carotene and zeaxanthin (below), lutein, lycopene and cryptoxanthin, a xanthophyll
- numerous phenolic pigments (phenols) associated with antioxidant properties
The Goji leaf tea is sweet in taste and neutral in nature. They act on the liver, lungs, and kidneys and enrich yin. They can be brewed into an herbal tea or be used to make tea Lycium root bark for TCM treatment of inflammatory and some types of skin diseases. A glucopyranoside and phenolic amides isolated from wolfberry root bark have inhibitory activity in vitro against human pathogenic bacteria and fungi.
Goji Leaves also contain zeaxanthin, an important dietary carotenoid selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea where it is thought to provide antioxidant and protective light-filtering roles. A human supplementation trial showed that daily intake of it increased plasma levels of zeaxanthin.
Several published studies, mostly from China, have also reported possible medicinal benefits of goji tea, especially due to its antioxidant properties, including potential benefits against cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases, vision-related diseases (such as age-related macular degeneration and glaucoma), having neuroprotective properties or as an anticancer and immunomodulatory agent.
Brewing Guide: Pour hot water into a glass teaware to full first, and then add tea leaves and brew it for 2 minutes.
- Certified Organic - ECOCERT, Europe
- Certified Organic – JAS, Japan
- Certified Organic – USDA, U.S.A.
- HACCP Quality Standard